Monday, August 3, 2009

August Events for Bay Area Families

In addition to my reviews of museums, parks, and other fun places for kids and families, I want to start adding a calender of family friendly events around the Bay area.

Some of the funnest stuff we do are one or two day events. I've wanted to include these types of events in this blog for awhile now, but didn't see a good way to do it. After all, if I write a review to an event we've attended, by the time I'm home to post that review, it's over - and does you guys no good at all. So, the downside to this is that I won't be able to personally endorse any of these events. If it's an annual event, and we've attended in the past, I'll be sure to share my experiences, but a lot of these event listings will be for things I've never been to before. I'll try to provide as much information as I can.

These posts will be updated as I learn of more events too, so check back often. This will not be a complete list ever, and could have new events posted daily if I find new ones that often.

So, for the month of August 2009, here's some neat stuff I've learned about so far:

Regal Theaters Free Family Film Festival
This has been going on all summer. Each Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, Regal theaters offer 2 free family movies. One G rated movie, and one PG. They are older, second run movies, but they're free! They play at 10 am. The week of Aug 11th, 12, and 13th are the last showings for the summer. Click the link above to find out what movies your local regal theater offers, because they aren't all the same.

Aug. 8th
Campfire sing-a-long at the El Sobrante Library 2:00 pm.


JFK Library in Vallejo
Puppet Art Theater: The Tale of the Dragon's Tail at 2:00 pm.

No comments: